Truehost Cloud DRS
DRS refer to disaster recovery site. Disaster in this context means something unexpected on systems that affect data capture and transmission.
A network failure,
it could be server failure,
it could be hard drive crash,
it could be data corruption
Therefore DRS refer to the plan B. If any disaster strikes your system, where do you turn to? Cloudpap DRS refers to a real-time Plan B. Cloudpap DRS ensures that you can restore your operations in near real-time or a few minutes to switch over to the DRS.
Benefits of DRS
- No disruption of services due to system failure at your premises.
- No disruption of services due to system failure at your cloud provider.
- No disruption of services due to network failure to the servers.
- Seamless system maintenance no disruption of services during system maintenance.
- Real-time Data backup
Who really require this DRS?
- Any organization that do not accept disruption of operations due to system failure.
- Any organization that can’t afford to go offline due to system failures
- Anyone / Organization that require real-time data backup option
- Anyone/ Organization in the data age.
- Organization that require to report or provide information to partners and clients from a secondary site and not from main system.
- Any organization that is changing office and may involve switching off of the main system servers.
- Any organization that has cloud system with one service provider…in case of outages at your cloud provider a DRS that should be with another cloud provider should come in handy
What formats do you store data backups?
Most data backup is stored in compressed folders – .zip, .rar among others. Others in addition to compression store the data in an encrypted format.
What about DRS – data in DRS is in the very same format that is on your main system – no further encryption or compression.
What is the significance?
In the face of a disaster, data stored within a backup system require to be subjected to a data restore system or mechanism (occasionally takes hours to restore data) for it to fully operational in the system. In a DRS set up, since data stored in a DRS is in the same format as the system, there is no need for a restore mechanism, instead operations can resume as fast as switch to the DRS is performed – switch is usually sharing of new system link or change of configuration settings.
Why are DRS a requirement for any organization now?
DRS is a requirement of every organization in this data age since data is expected in real-time, gone are days when people would wait since your system are down. Nowadays clients don’t care about your system going down – you should have done something about it – they say. With a DRS in place they will never know if system is down since operation switch from the main system to the DRS happen near instantaneous
Where can I get a DRS?
Talk to us at Cloudpap, we have been setting up DRS for clients in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Africa, USA, Brazil, India, Thailand, Philippines, Europe, Canada, India, China, and clientele keep growing. You are with Cloud Solutions Experts at Cloudpap.
What does DRS entails?
DRS entail moving a copy of your system to a cloud server or a remote server that is accessible to your working environment – to your offices or factories or businesses and to your clients and partners a like. This copy of your system is then updated in real-time basis and in case of failure in the main system a switch to DRS will be smooth – no data loses are expected.
What is the difference between DRS and data backup which we occasionally do?
Data Backup refers to archiving of data at local or remote site. Most of times data archived are the database but a few other times we system files/ full account backup are performed. To understand difference between data backup and DRS, we will go through a few questions..?
How often do you backup data with your data backup system..?
Most data backup system backup once a day, once a week, a few other backup several time in a day. If we have to compare DRS to Data Backup System – DRS is a real-time data backup system, as it performs real-time data replication to a remote site.